Tomorrow I'm speaking at a conference on the Book of Mormon.
Here's the link: https://4mevents.org/. I'll be speaking around noon Mountain Time from my home in Oregon.
My main topic focuses on "how to Zion," meaning how to establish Zion within the context of modern society, wherever we live. A big emphasis is on achieving unity in diversity.
I'll touch on these topics:
- Examples of legal precedence as described in the Book of Mormon, including an example from Mosiah 27 that I discussed in my new book Between these Hills: A Case for the New York Cumorah,*.
- The importance of free agency and its preservation.
- The consequences of oppressive rule and the inevitability of tyranny.
- How we can "Zion" under various governments, using examples from around the world.
- Why people everywhere seek Zion but don't know where to find it.
*Between these Hills discusses why Cumorah is central to understanding the Book of Mormon, how relevant sciences corroborate what the prophets have taught, and how we can build faith by supporting the prophets.
I'll discuss it more next week.